Introduction to NOUFORS

What's New


Michel M. Deschamps - Director

Personal Sightings

Sightings Archive

Newspaper Archive


UFO Characteristics

UFO Physical Traces

Animal Mutilations

UFO Occupants

Crop Circles

Audio Clips



and UFOs

Military Officers
and UFOs

Scientists and UFOs

Astronauts and UFOs

Pilots and UFOs

Cops and Saucers

Celebrities and UFOs

Who's Who in

Skeptics and Debunkers

Encyclopedia of Terminology and Abbreviations

Kidz' Korner




Occupant Case In Wisconsin (William Bosak Encounter)

Date: December 2, 1974
Location: Frederic, Wisconsin, United States

Farmer William Bosak, 68, had what he termed as a hair-raising experience December 2, 1974. As he was driving home, he spotted an object on the left side of the road ahead of him. "It had a curved front of glass and inside I could see a figure with its arms raised above its head."

Drawing of Bosak sighting.

Source: APRO Bulletin, Vol. 23 No. 4 (Jan/Feb 1975)

Farmer William Bosak, 68, of rural Frederic, Wisconsin (Polk County, Northwest Section), had what he termed as a hair-raising experience at 10:30 p.m. on December 2, 1974. Mr. Bosak had attended a Fanner's Co-op meeting in Frederic and was driving to his rural home southeast of Frederic when, about one mile from his farm, he spotted an object on the left side of the road ahead of him. He had been driving slowly because of patches of fog and his headlights reflected off the object so he slowed as he approached it.

"It had a curved front of glass and inside I could see a figure with its arms raised above its head," Bosak told reporters. When later interviewed by Field Investigator Everett E. Lightner, Bosak said that the newspaper account which appeared in the St. Paul Pioneer-Press was basically accurate except that the ears on the "human" he saw inside were placed higher on the head. (See drawing accompanying this article.)

The object was standing still and appeared to be between 8 and 10 feet in height. The transparent 'glass' area through which Bosak could view the occupant was bullet-shaped at the top, or tapered to a peak. He had slowed nearly to a stop when he came up to the object, but then fear took over and he stepped on the accelerator and left the object behind. He said that when he did so, the inside of his car became dark and he heard a swishing sound like branches of a tree brushing against the car.

The "human," as Bosak referred to it, had hair sticking out from the sides of its head with ears protruding out about three inches and they were shaped like a calf's ear. It had no collar or shirt with seam in front but appeared to be clothed in something tannish-brown in color and fitted (skin-tight) like a diver's suit. Both arms were extended above its head and hair stuck out from the outside of the arms. There was no beard, but there was hair or fur on the upper part of the body. The rest of it, from the waist down, was not visible because of the fog. The object itself was not lighted, but reflected light from the headlights of Mr. Bosak's car.

Mr. Bosak returned to the location, the next morning, to search for any landing marks or evidence of its presence but found nothing. He said he was very frightened at the time, but the look on the face of the occupant of the craft indicated that it was frightened too. Its eyes were very large and protruding.

Bosak kept the experience to himself for nearly a month, not even telling his wife and son but finally decided to divulge the incident. A later (that night) attempt to view the area where the incident had occurred from the vantage point of his house was unsuccessful due to the fog. "I was so goldarned scared I was afraid to go out at night for a few days," he told reporters later, and said he wished that he had had somebody with him in the car, at the time. After reflecting on the experience for a few weeks, Bosak said that he felt he did the wrong thing by speeding away from the object and "should have stopped and tried to show it I was friendly. I wish I could meet up with it again."

Bosak, who has operated a 450-acre dairy farm east of Frederic for the past 40 years, said that prior to his frightening experience in December, he had been skeptical of stories about UFOs. "And I'm sure a lot of people are going to be skeptical after hearing what happened to me. But if people don't believe me, I'll take a lie detector test to prove this isn't just something I made up."

Mr. Lightner, who investigated the case, found Bosak to be sincere and a man with a good reputation in his community.


Source: http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case360.htm
No infringement intended. For educational purposes only.